PR Grouch: PR things that make you smile, even though they shouldn’t
10th September 2013
I have just heard that the new agency our ex-client has appointed is doing a rubbish job and has created a campaign that has bombed. That really cheered me up.
Here are other events that may bring a smile to your face, although you know they really shouldn’t:
1. The nightmare boss you had that once made your life a misery has been fired. And they don’t want him to hang around for the notice period.
2. A trade magazine whose journalists are always insufferably rude has folded. Let’s see how their attitude changes now!
3. Your biggest rival in business is having to announce cutbacks. Oh dear …
4. That full-of-themself celebrity who always refused to give interviews is now being interviewed against their will. By the police. I can think of several Bollywood stars who fit this profile.
5. You run into an ex-colleague who landed the dream job you were after. And they have got horribly fat.
6. Your ex-wife’s new husband is poorer, shorter, balder and much less charming than you (so you hear). Although, that does beg the slightly uncomfortable question – what has he got that you haven’t?
7. You go into a pitch and catch your potentially new client having a laugh about the “ridiculous” people who pitched just before you. That's a shame.