PR case study of the month: Why PR was essential to CareOnGo’s marketing plan for its’ app based mobile pharmacy stores
11th October 2016
Arsheen K. Jain and Jyotsna Balooni
When did you start work:
CareOnGo is a mobile based mobile pharmacy store that aims at supplying medicines to consumers through their B2C app as well as through its’ B2B CareOnGO Partner app. Using the latter, micro pharmacies can buy authentic drugs from wholesale retailers. CareOnGo also offers its own analytics tool to measure best -selling medicines so that the inventory management can be improved.
The company has raised $300,000 seed funding followed by another undisclosed Pre series A funding recently by Farooq Oomerbhoy of FAO Ventures, followed by Anupam Mittal and Anand Mittal of People Group; Ravi Garikipati, Head of Flipkart’s Ads Business; Vibhu Garg, Co-Founder of Unicommerce, along with Singapore Angel Network and Konglo Ventures, among others.
Objective of the campaign was to highlight how CareOnGo is using technology for the healthcare industry with a focus on its’ proprietary pharmalytics platform that makes uses of big data analytics and bots.
Ritu Singh, co Founder, CareOnGo, "One of our key asks was to highlight how CareOnGo is increasing transparency and redefining end to end solutions in the healthcare space through technology. We appreciate the team's efforts in highlighting the key messages quite effectively in all stories, spread across various media platforms."
A two way approach was taken to highlight CareOnGo’s technology both on the B2C and B2B front:
- Innovative angles were explored to highlight the benefits to consumers of using the CareOnGo app highlighting the ease, affordability and convenience of this technology.
- Survey: Initiated a survey which revealed that majority of medicines being ordered on CareOnGo’s platform was for lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension.
New launches: Highlight the benefits to pharmacy retailers in terms of higher margins, stronger logistics and larger outreach by focusing on the startup’s B2B offerings :-
- Pharmalytics platform providing and weaving in new feature launches.
- Artificial intelligence: chat bots being used.
- Launch of new B2B app: InstaStock platform.
- Leveraged tie up with Lendingkart to provide Insta loans to retailers.
- Founder journeys: A key ask of the campaign was to highlight the inception of the platform and what makes it unique to other player’s. The team initiated stories around all the three founder’s different backgrounds in finance, marketing and pharmaceutical sector that led to the inception of the platform.
- Healthcare Industry stories: The PR team explored participation in industry stories on the pharmacy startup sector, seeding inputs from the founders’ on government initiatives like ‘Startup India’ to FDI in e-commerce.
The above strategy resulted in strong media coverage
Successfully rolled out a series of stories on the platform’s pharmalytics and chat bots feature
- Highlighted the B2C app’s convenience, ease of use and affordability to end consumer’s
Highlighted the platform’s new launch in the B2B front talking about benefits to pharmacy retailers