The recent incident where a PR firm was publicly fired is well known now. To discuss the larger issues that arise from that, the PRmoment Insight Webinar Series, got together leading communication voices to share their views and tips on media relations.
In part one of the Empathetic Media Engagement webinar: Paroma Roy Chowdhury, Senior Director, Asia Communications and Public Affairs, SoftBank Group, Minari Shah, Director, PR, Amazon India, Nikhil Dey, Vice-Chair, Weber Shandwick India, Nitin Mantri, President-PRCAI & Group CEO, Avian WE, Subhash Pais, Head-business impact, RK Swamy Media Group and Prasanto K Roy, policy consultant, technology writer talk about:
1) Building a relationship with the journalist.
2) Client ownership in media engagement.
3) Mental health impact of pitching reluctant journalists.
4) Disassociating yourself from stress.
5) Building relationship with the client.
Q and A on pitching, managing media
In part 2 of the webinar, our speakers shared detailed answers on:
1) How to follow up with reporters.
2) Pitching during COVID.
3) Pushing back with the client.
4) Understanding pressures on the client.
5) Building a long term equation with the media.