In December 2021, BCW named Deepshikha Dharmaraj as chief executive officer, of BCW India Group, This role came in the wake of the February 2018 merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe to form BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), one of the world’s largest, global communications agencies
The BCW India Group was formed when Genesis BCW and Six Degrees BCW were integrated under one business group in the market in January 2020.
Given the scale of the merger, the BCW India Group has been quite under the radar as far as the integration goes. In a first, Deepshikha Dharmaraj talks with PRmoment editor Paarul Chand on the PRmoment podcast about the challenges of integrating the two brands.
She also talks about her personal journey in PR-all of it at first Genesis and now BCW India Group, one thing she enjoys away from PR and the pressure retainers are under.
During the podcast Deepshikha spoke about:
1) At 1 minute: The integration of the brands and the challenges of that.
2) at 5 minutes: Tracking the milestones of integration for Genesis BCW and Six Degrees BCW.
3) At 10 minutes: Integration of talent across the brands. Challenges of attr
4) At 11 minutes: Role alignment post-merger.
5) At 19 minutes: PR Retainers under pressure and how to handle it.
6) At 22 minutes: Different revenue models why time models don't work.
7) At 23 minutes: Deepshikha's personal journey in PR of 28 years and her one leadership tip.
8) At 33 minutes: A fun fact about Deepshikha.