Why knowledge of theatre helps in building a growth oriented culture at PR firms: Hill+Knowlton's Abhishek Gulyani on the PRmoment Podcast
You might wonder what 'Waiting for Godot', the famed play by Samuel Beckett has to do with the world of PR firms.
If you ask Abhishek Gulyani, CEO, of Hill and Knowlton Strategies India, quite a lot. Plays such as 'Waiting for Godot' and others teach an individual to question how the various characters or stakeholders if you would like to call them; view a situation. This fits very well with what a PR professional does.
PRmoment India editor, Paarul Chand talks to Gulyani on the PRmoment podcast about his journey from being a CEO that joined at the height of the pandemic to setting up integrated teams with a strong culture, the value of trust and the impact of AI on PR professionals. Listen in.
The podcast covers the following:
1) 1 minute 44 seconds: On building a culture of ideas over hierarchy during the pandemic.
2) 4 minutes 15 seconds: Establishing integrated teams beyond traditional PR.
3) 8 minutes 9 seconds: Impact of AI on PR professionals, need for upskilling.
4) 12 minutes: Why human intervention matters with AI.
5) 14 minutes: How theatre teaches you to question.
6) 16 minutes: What 'Waiting for Godot' teaches you about seeing things from different points of view.
7) 19 minutes 20 seconds: Why being a resilient leader starts with trusting your team.
8) 25 minutes: How family and crickets keep Gulyani resilient.