At PRmoment, we always endeavour to bring you fresh thinking and brave new ways of tackling your challenges at work. In keeping with this, PRmoment.in has partnered with Devdarshan Chakrabortyy to provide three free modules that will give delegates Top Tips for Getting Your Brand Stories Out into the Media.
- This course is free to view, the first module will be broadcast on Dec 4th, the second on Dec 6th and the third module on Dec 10th. To be sent an email reminding you that the training is about to start, click here.
- There will be a set of follow up Google Hangouts available for those who download the course material. This is to provide interactivity with the faculty and to give you feedback
- For those that want to take part in the follow up webinars - you will be required to submit a project that will be available to you after registration. On successful presentation of the project during the web conference, you will get a certificate of accomplishment
Devdarshan Chakrabortyy explains the issues with getting your brand stories out into the media and also describes how this course will aim to provide the necessary tools and knowledge to be able to overcome those issues:
Why is this topic important?
- Getting a brand to be continuously in the media is often a challenge- unless there are some new developments to talk about
- At the same time the demands are growing (and rightly so) from clients to generate coverage that is TIMELY, in the RELEVANT CHANNELS and with MESSAGES THAT CAPTURE THE RIGHT BRAND ATTRIBUTES
- Getting the customer to associate with the brand for the right values AND timing it with marketing calendars could be a tall ask – especially in the “Earned Media” space
Who is this course meant for?
- This is an intermediate level course targeted at PR managers in agencies and similar levels at the corporate communications departments of organisations
What will you learn?
- This course will spur your imagination, help you to better understand the architecture of brands for PR purposes and encourage you to innovate for solutions
- It will provide you with the tools to associate important socio cultural occasions and communicate your brand story better and often in a timely manner
- You will learn to create pitches that generate relevant coverage – NOT just visibility!
- In a nut shell, it will provide you with ideas and methods to effectively beat media barriers in brand PR – especially for “consumer centric” brands. The learning will be demonstrated through several case studies
The course structure
- There will be 3 video lectures that will be available for to you to watch. There will be study material accompanying each module
The modules are:
4th December: Deciphering the brand attributes to make them story worthy
6th December: Weaving your stories using Socio Cultural cues
10th December: Problem solving examples – case studies of how others have done it well
- To download the course material please just fill in the form below.
- For those who've registered we will run a limited number of Google Hangouts in the between the 11th and 18th of December. This is to provide feedback on your course work and allow you to interact with the instructor Devdarshan Chakrabortyy.
About Devdarshan Chakrabortyy
He has have spent over 2 decades in advising corporates on their communications and brand strategies and training CEOs and business leaders in solving their communications problems.
He has experienced how communications has the power to transform and has worked with Governments NGOs, bilateral and multilateral funding bodies in helping them use communications as a vital trigger for social change, in education and in public policy.
Dev has worked with some of India’s largest advertising and PR agencies such as Ogilvy and Mather and Perfect Relations in several leadership roles. He has worked with corporations across Technology, Telecoms, Banking, Healthcare, Aviation, Tourism, Hospitality, Entertainment and FMCG.
He regularly conducts workshops and training for various organizations. Specialist course subjects include Media Handling Skills Workshops, Crisis Communications and Readiness, Communications Capacity Building and Employee Engagement.
A postgraduate in social sciences, Dev holds a Mass Communications degree from Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi. He is also a passionate speaker in top management schools, apart from being a part time mentor in the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad.